Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday- Thank You

First I want to thank Jan for this wonderful surprise gift. She sent it because I am a follwer on her blog. She is an artist and a knitter if you haven't checked out her blog yet here's the link. I also want to thank all of you for the kind words about the situation with Adam leaving and for all the support you all provide. Yes it will be hard but we will make the best of it. Adam will be spending 8 weeks in the summer with us and 2 weeks at Christmas. It's not the three days a week we have now but it's still a good start. We have asked his mom to maintain Internet connection and to get a web cam so we can see each other daily if we need to. Tomorrow we go before the judge to see if he also approves the terms we all agreed on in mediation.
~
I did get to the apartment today and washed some walls and doors and ceilings. I will go back on Saturday to help her move a few things to her new apartment and to hopefully wash the rest of the walls. Then Monday or Tuesday next week, I'll finish washing whatever I couldn't on Saturday and clean the windows and wash the floors and she's all done. This was a job for sure and I'll be glad when it's all said and done.
~
Support group was good tonight we had a protein tasting session after where we sampled protein drinks and bars and puddings etc.
~
I made a crustless quiche for dinner tonight, it turned out pretty good. I haven't made this since before surgery so it was a treat.
~
Still pretty tired so I think I'll stop here. Have a great night and I'll be back tomorrow to let you know how court goes. Sweet dreams.
~
AK

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathy,

So what were some of the favorite protein things you had? I have been adding non-fat milk to my cream of wheat for my pre-procedure diet. Today is the first day I am having anything substantive. Again, cream of wheat with non-fat dry milk was breakfast. Yum.

If there is an upside to the situation with Adam, just think about the fact that technology will allow you to stay more in touch then even what was feasible ten years ago.

Unknown said...

What a great surprise gift you got! That must have been a blessing!
so the cleaning goes on, huh? We just did a major clean here too. It's amazing how things shine when the dirt is scrubbed away.

You'll be in my prayers.

Turtle said...

what a nice suprise gift!

Glad to hear things seem to be working out.

Libby's Library said...

Wishing you my best!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me