Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday- Discoveries

On our way to church this morning as I got into the car I looked over to the trees on the side of our driveway and spotted a small blue object. Was that what I thought it was? Yep, a baby Robin's egg. Obviously hatched already and fallen from the nest up above and it got stuck on the branches of the tree. I don't think I've ever seen a Robin's egg up close. I thought they would be bigger, you know I imagine all eggs to be the size of an Easter egg. Gosh that outta hurt that poor Robin, ya think? Anyway this egg is about the size of an oblong grape. And isn't it a beautiful blue color? Papa and Adam examined the egg with me, for some reason neither of them look as excited as I was with the discovery. MEN!!!!No knitting and no nap today so I hope to get to bed early tonight. Another busy week ahead, oh JOY.
~
Regis and I will announce the winner of the final contest week on tomorrow's blog. I hope it is YOU, oh wait it probably is, LOL. Have a great night, Sweet Dreams.
~
AK

5 comments:

Renna said...

I usually find Robin's eggs in my yard every spring or summer. We have a lot of trees, and usually at least 3 or 4 nests at any given time from spring through summer. I saw the first fledgeling on the ground today. My old cat is slowing down a bit, so I'm hopeful the chicks will be safe!

smariek said...

So pretty. I've never seen one in real life.

Unknown said...

How cool! What an amazing thing to see. I get excited when I see a Cardinal or humming bird. I've seen a few robin's eggs in my lifetime and they are small and cute!

Turtle said...

cool on the egg! We used to have an empty abandoned nest that we would collect the fallen empty shells and place inside. It was fun to see the variety of colors, shapes, etc. Had to pass it on when we moved from the island though.

Libby's Library said...

Great picture!

I got home last night (from Florida)and had so many wonderful packages waiting for me!!!

Hope you have a great week!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me