Mothers Day Photo at Mother/Daughter Luncheon May 2009Mothers Day photo at Mother/Daughter Luncheon May 2008Sorry this photo is so small but the only copy I had saved anywhere was on facebook and this is the size they save pictures as on there. Frustrating, but it is what it is, right?
My mom read a poem at the luncheon today, and well I was SHOCKED when she said she didn't take the suggestions the Pastor's wife sent her, instead she read one of the poems I wrote for her on Mothers Day back in 2004. My sisters had a field day saying how they were being tortured by yet another of my poems. I have been writing them and making them read them all our lives, LOL.
The food was good. I couldn't eat a lot of it. They had some boneless chicken, I could eat that. Red potato chunks and cooked carrots, I ate a little of that too. I skipped the macaroni salad and potato salads. I tried a spoonful of some cold bean dish, it had tiny chunks of celery in it and onions and peppers. They had slow cooked fruit salad and 4 different kinds of mini muffins, I skipped those too. Oh and they served us all cold Strawberry Soup. It was like a Strawberry Smoothie you ate with a spoon. I had some of that but I was careful as I was afraid it might have had sugar in it. There were 8 different desserts too, the chocolate covered cheesecake squares looked awesome. But I just looked. It was a nice time.
I didn't work on the socks today, but I did work on a new dishcloth design and I am knitting it up now to test it. Good thing I did cause I had the pattern written backwards, oops. I'll share it sometime next week, I am going to use it as the KAL starting Monday on the Yahoo group I am on. Also working on a new design for the 2010 Breast Cancer Dishcloth Calendar, I have a couple thoughts still trying to work them out on paper though.
Adam went home this afternoon, he says he missed his Mom. I think he is afraid she might have the baby and he will miss it. So I am Adam free tonight and can watch NASCAR instead of NOGGIN, lol. Drove him home in a massive thunderstorm though, could barely see the road. We had to run to the garage and we got wet!!
Well I am going to publish this, finish watching the race and hopefully finish the dishcloth too. have a great night, sweet dreams everyone.
- Sunday- So What Do You Think?
- Saturday- Say Did You See This Contest?
- Friday- Sleep... Is It Friend Or Foe?
- Thursday- Meet My Friends
- Wednesday- Well What Do you Know? It Worked!
- Tuesday- Too Tired To Type Tonight
- Monday- Making Memories with Milkers?
- Sunday- Such Talent, I Have To Share
- Saturday- A-MAZE-ING Day
- Friday- But I'd swear it was Saturday
- Thursday- No Picture, Just Words
- Wednesday- Weariness Wins
- Tuesday- Testing, Testing 1..2..3
- Monday- It's A Triple Play Day
- Sunday- Some Days...
- Saturday- Silly Me
- Friday- Fun Fun Fun Until My Daddy Took The...
- Thursday- Thank You
- Wednesday- Was that a Walk-a-bout?
- Tuesday- There's a Bear in the Tree
- Monday- Sleep typing
- Sunday- Happy Mother's Day
- Saturday- NASCAR or NOGGIN?
- Friday- Faint, Fit and Finally
- Thursday- MMM Chocolate
- Wednesday- Ha I am Not the Only Clumsy One
- Tuesday- Take Two, Let The Show Begin
- Monday- Movie Time Delayed, Thanks Blogger
- Sunday- Discoveries
- Saturday- Sock It To Me
- Friday- May Day, May Day
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2008 (365)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States