A chimney falling on my head was the best thing that happened to me yesterday.
Yes, this lovely chimney pictured here fell smack down on the top of my head yesterday. My husband decided to replace the wood stove with a newer one and put the old one in the garage. That went OK, but he was struggling getting the chimney re-attached. So I went over to help, even after he had told be abut the tickets from the night before. I considered letting him struggle, but thought better of it, cause if there is a fire to be in there I want to make sure the chimney is correctly attached. It's a self preservation thing, LOL.
Any way I am standing on the right side of the chimney, leaning over the wood stove holding a flashlight onto a tiny little hole he was trying to match with another tiny hole so he could put in the screw. And without any warning, he lets go of the chimney and it falls smack down on top of my bent down un-suspecting head. OK this chimney has to weigh, oh I don't know, at least 50 maybe 100 pounds. OUCH!!!!! So my husband, the sensitive guy he is, swore at ME!!! Well excuse me for getting my head in the way of your falling chimney. At least my head broke the fall, if I wasn't there it probably would have cracked when it hit the floor and rendered useless the chimney. My head, that's dispensable I guess.
I have another story to tell that happened Sunday night at the Pastor's house but I'll save that one for tomorrow. One disaster story a day is more then most can handle. LOL
I will leave you with a picture of the fish blanket I was working on for VJG. It's the last one to finish before I can mail them all out. Well I wanted to add a couple more rows of fish but I just can't get myself to knit another fish. So I have decided it's good enough as is, I will crochet a border around it and then the 9 blankets will be in the mail, finally.
Adam is here today. If I find some energy I might take him to the BIG POOL later. I won't get to swim laps but hey any water resistance burns calories so it's all good. Maybe we will wait for Papa to come home and he can come with, that way I can swim my laps and he can play with Adam, then I can play with Adam and he can go sit in the whirlpool. He won't go though, he always backs out. Maybe he needs a chimney to the head????
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Tuesday- Stair Climbibg Day
- Monday- I Don't Have An Addiction, Do You?
- Sunday- More Christmas Cloths
- Saturday- Chistmas Knitting Has Begun
- Friday- A Wash Out, Literally
- Thursday- Grandparents Day
- Wednesday- I walked a MILE???
- Tuesday- Guess What???
- Monday- Appointments, stairs and squishy yarn
- Sunday- 28 Years, Nuts about each other?
- Saturday- Crosssing the Line? Have I gone Quackers...
- Friday- Arrrr Arrr Arrr a Pirate, a Pirate Says Ar...
- Thursday- September 18, now known as "The Day Of T...
- Wednesday- Who's that? Why it's me and Jen!!!
- Tuesday- Diamonds, Dew Drops and Demonstrations
- Monday- Modern Art... you tell me.
- Sunday- Have a smile on me today
- Saturday- Happy Birthday Adam, Love Nana
- Friday- Fun Stuff
- Thursday- Blue Toes and Pink Christmas?
- Wednesday- Boobs, Books and Bug eyes?
- Tuesday- Contests, Polls, Errors and Birds
- Monday- May I have a cup of Coffee Please?
- Sunday- SIGH it's almost over already
- Saturday- Sweet Sixteens are Steadly Advancing
- Friday- Yes It's Still Friday Here for 25 Minutes
- Thursday- HELP!!! My Brain Is Swimming A 100 Minut...
- Wednesday- What's That On my Bottom???
- Tuesday- A Chimney Falling On My Head...
- Monday- Mourning or Morning You Pick
- ▼ September (30)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States