I finished the KAL I was working on this week. It's called Ribbed Diamonds.
I didn't block mine yet, I am still intimidated by blocking. You can see a better picture on Noreen's blog where you can also access her free patterns. This is one of 3 she has recently made and they are all wonderful.
Today it rained and rained a lot. Ended up staying home and just hanging out with Adam. No Big Pool today, but maybe we will go Saturday. I did manage to get a mound of dishes washed though and I knitted up another Breast cancer cloth as I sold a set at the party last night at my sisters.
Perhaps you noticed the statue above with my dishcloth photo. Well that is another piece of artwork my son Jim made recently. They had a live model and then used clay to make their version of what they saw. I took several different views of the model.
I don't know if it's coming off in the pictures the way it does in person, But I am in awe of this piece. It's of an overweight woman, obviously undressed, yet even in her heaviness and delicate state she is remarkably beautiful. I see something wondrous, made by God. Now I am not talking about the statue but of people, of this woman model, of me, of you... marvelously and wonderfully made. Beautiful.
Being that I am overweight I always loathed the way I look, hated my skin, my fat my body. But seeing this sculpture somehow opened my eyes to the fact that God made me, and He doesn't make any mistakes. I am ever changing and at whatever stage I am in I am loved as I am.
Just as I am, thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.
This has been a day of tears for me. Waterfalls. Just a lot of things emotionally coming to a head this week. My daughters 21st birthday would be on the 30th, that's the biggest thing, and then the excitement and a little bit of nerves for the upcoming surgery too. A lot going on in my head. Some I can talk to others about and some things I can only talk to God about.
But my motto stands... BRING IT ON!!!!!
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Tuesday- Stair Climbibg Day
- Monday- I Don't Have An Addiction, Do You?
- Sunday- More Christmas Cloths
- Saturday- Chistmas Knitting Has Begun
- Friday- A Wash Out, Literally
- Thursday- Grandparents Day
- Wednesday- I walked a MILE???
- Tuesday- Guess What???
- Monday- Appointments, stairs and squishy yarn
- Sunday- 28 Years, Nuts about each other?
- Saturday- Crosssing the Line? Have I gone Quackers...
- Friday- Arrrr Arrr Arrr a Pirate, a Pirate Says Ar...
- Thursday- September 18, now known as "The Day Of T...
- Wednesday- Who's that? Why it's me and Jen!!!
- Tuesday- Diamonds, Dew Drops and Demonstrations
- Monday- Modern Art... you tell me.
- Sunday- Have a smile on me today
- Saturday- Happy Birthday Adam, Love Nana
- Friday- Fun Stuff
- Thursday- Blue Toes and Pink Christmas?
- Wednesday- Boobs, Books and Bug eyes?
- Tuesday- Contests, Polls, Errors and Birds
- Monday- May I have a cup of Coffee Please?
- Sunday- SIGH it's almost over already
- Saturday- Sweet Sixteens are Steadly Advancing
- Friday- Yes It's Still Friday Here for 25 Minutes
- Thursday- HELP!!! My Brain Is Swimming A 100 Minut...
- Wednesday- What's That On my Bottom???
- Tuesday- A Chimney Falling On My Head...
- Monday- Mourning or Morning You Pick
- ▼ September (30)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States