Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday- Tell Me Who you Are Again?

So I stopped at the repair shop today because "Barbie" my car needs to have some repairs done so I can get her inspected before I head out to CA again. Now we have used this repair shop for at least 10 years I am thinking maybe 15. I know the owner well, we are on a first name basis. So I decide to stop there this afternoon to make an appt to have the car looked at. When I walked in Nick was on the phone so I stood there and waited. When he was finished he said " May I help you?" I looked at him and said... "It's Kathy Brundige" and Nick fell off his chair. He said he didn't even recognize me at all. He asked how much I had lost and when I told him 317 pounds he almost fell out of the chair again. It's kind of fun seeing people I haven't seen in over a year, I guess it's noticable to them. I still see ME when I look in the mirror.
~
I am holding one of the pieces I made to the Progressive Rummy card game set I made for my MIL's birthday. Have you ever played this Rummy game? It's really fun and when I was in CA with my dad we must have played at least 15 games. Anyway there are 10 levels to this game and these flip card instructions help you remember what level you are on when playing. I was thinking about making a few more sets and putting them in the ETSY store, but I am not so sure. I think I have 4 blisters on my fingers trying to get those ring things over everything. Before I commit I need to find an easier way to assemble. Otherwise I might get committed.
This is the complete set.
~
Yesterdays Eyeball bender was a button, and I LOVED it. I have a thing for buttons. I rarely use them but I still want everyone I see. It's a sickness. If you want to see the actual button it was on Shelly's blog yesterday. Go on over there and check it out.
~
Todays Contest Stuff-
This was an interesting picture I received in an email today. It's not a photo I took myself, however I will at some point have the opportunity to do so in the near future. What a funny thing. So take a guess, post your thoughts in the comment section. The first correct guess receives 2 entries and all other comments each receive one entry. Right or wrong, it doesn't matter so just jump right in ok?

Hoping to get an email tonight with my flight plans for CA. I know the tickets have been purchased but I have no clue when I am leaving or coming home for that matter. But I am so excited to be going back again.
~
Of course I am tired again, so I am going to hit the pillow and sleep. I have a slight headache and a backache too, I think it's from working so hard on those card things. OUCH.
~
Have a great night, sweet dreams everyone.
~
AK

10 comments:

Marissa said...

Is that a hot dog cut up to look like an octopus? Should I seek help for seeing food in everything??
That rummy game? We play ALL WINTER while it blows out here on the island. I'm talking marathons, for whole weekends, especially during snowstorms. It's a great game. You cards are a great idea- we have them written out on index cards, and we are always missing one!

vickie said...

looks like velvetta shells with the cheese not added yet and a hot dog

Unknown said...

hot dog with smiley face . . . actually, it reminds me of that rubbery character they used to have on Saturday Night Live "Uncle Bill."

Unknown said...

Yeah, it is a hot dog octopus. Thanks for the easy one today!

Well, keep us updated on your plans for CA. I want to meet up with you sometime (Rhinebeck?)

Jane said...

I'm pretty sure I see some kind of shells in there?

Wow Gold said...

Very Nice Blog

Wow Gold said...

very nice blog

Twocans said...

That is awesome that the man didn't even recognize you! You do look amazing!

Libby's Library said...

They look like pasta shells - but what the heck are they in?

Kathy, I wish I could have been there to see the guys face. Gosh this is so wonderful, and I'm so
happy for you!

Claudia said...

well I never would have guessed the hot dog octopus but since others seem to know it, I'll just smile and say hi! :D

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me