Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.
“Rabbit rabbit white rabbit” is a common superstition, held particularly among children. The most common modern version states that a person should say “rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit” upon waking on the first day of each new month, and on doing so will receive good luck for the remainder of that month.
Some have also believed it is representing a jumping into the future and moving ahead with life and happiness.
Me??? Well I never remember, I've usually spoken several words before my brain registers that the 1st is upon me, so no not supersticious. But I still think the white rabbit is cute. I think I did carry a rabbits foot way back in the 70's when I was 9 or 10... perhaps the white rabbit forgot to say the words back then too, and that's why it lost it's foot. LOL.
Ok enough of the mindless jibbering you all want to know who WON don't you? So let's get to the results.
#1- I had 2410 page views in 28 days, with 462 comments, thank you everyone for taking time out of your day to visit me. I really appreciate it.
#2- I will have given out a total of SIX prizes this month. The Grand prize, a prize for one of my Followers, and a weekly prize given out at the end of each week from a random day's question with the winner chosen by REGIS from any comments that answered the question that day.
#3- There will be another contest starting April 1st. No kidding. So make sure to keep the word out there, I'd love to improve the numbers, kinds of my own contest challenge.
OK So the GRAND PRIZE was any one of these awesome sayings CASS has for sale in her ETSY store. This picture is just a sample, but if you click on it you will go directly to her store and you can see all the different varieties she has.
And the winner of this awesome prize was.... drum roll... TERESA. Please take a minute to go to her blog and congratulate her, I know she'd do the same for you.
The next prize pictured here is the gift for one of the public followers of my Blog. I have 43 of you and REGIS chose RITA as the winner of this awesome calendar filled with hints and patterns for the whole year. Now we also had a small gift for the 4th week winner... It was from the comments about being a bag lady this time around... and REGIS chose WENDY from all the comments left that day. These are pom pom makers and I hope she doesn't have them already.
Just in case you forgot these were the other three weekly prizes awarded
2 balls of cotton for RENNA on week 3
a needle gauge for MARIA on week 2
And some cotton blend yarn for KATIE O on week 1
So there you go... the lucky winners in the Shortest month of the year, but it seems like the longest since we are all waiting for SPRING so patiently, NOT.
If you haven't contacted me with your addresses yet winners please do so ASAP so I can mail out your prizes. Teresa email me or PM me on Ravelry and I'll get you set up with CASS for your prize.
Now I think I will wish you all a good night and sweet dreams and hopefully I'll see you all in the morning too.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
- Tuesday- Take A Second Look
- Monday- I Shot The Moon Today
- Sunday- So I Finally Went To A LYS
- Saturday- Something about Nothing
- Friday- Freaky Friday, But a Finished project.
- Thursday- Reflect day- You've come a long way Baby...
- Wednesday- Well Let Me Just Say...
- Tuesday- Thanks Everyone I am Gonna Love It, Hahah...
- Monday- Maddness I tell you, Maddness
- Sunday- Special Treat... Tap and Jazz for your enj...
- Saturday- Such Talent I Have To Share
- Friday- Finished and Friends and a little Frantic
- Thursday- I Drive Therefore I Must Have A Car, LOL...
- Wednesday- It may be Silver, but it's worth Gold t...
- Tuesday- Wake up to The Bump?
- Monday- Potatoes and Popcorn
- Sunday- So Finally A Picture Or Two
- Saturday- Something is NOT Right in My World
- Friday- Golf Anyone?
- Thursday- OH Darn It!!!!!
- Wednesday- Well What Do You Know?
- Tuesday- It's Pathetic and I Say it Ends NOW
- Monday- Prizes Abound
- Sunday- Sick, Sick, Sick
- Saturday- Daylight Savings Time Starts Tonight
- Friday- Where are those scissors???
- Thursday- 4 Months Today
- Wednesday- 600 and counting
- Tuesday- Hemming and Hawing
- Monday- What's The Word? PEACE is the Word.
- Sunday- March 1st- White Rabbit... and the Winners...
- ▼ March (31)
- ► 2008 (365)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States