Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday- I Shot The Moon Today

My book arrrived for the WhoDuKnit Yahoo group April book read along. I think I am going to like this book. Have you read it? We read it in April and then in May we post a project we made that was inspired by the book. I missed the last two months because I couldn't get the book, but not April... I am gonna find the time to read.

I made another trip to Walmart today. I needed some yarn but I figured while I was there I'd look for a light jacket or sweater, since everything I have is too big. Gosh what an inconvenience, a blessing, huh? Of course I wore a tank top dress and didn't bring a coat with me and it was cold and windy. This could have been the real motivation behind my clothing search. Anyway... I found a knitted short sleeved sweater all alone on a wrong rack for $7.00.
~
Ok the fact that I can buy something off the rack and not have to pay $8,000,000.99 for it still amazes me.
~
Then I felt inspired to keep looking, this could be a bad thing not having a job, and I found a white short sleeved blouse that buttons up the front and would be perfect as a cover up for the tank top type dresses I have. I can't really wear the dresses alone (well I can but I'd scare small children and animals) because of the WINGS I have developed this past year. Even swimming hasn't removed those yet. So did I stop with the sweater and the blouse? NOPE!!! I spotted some JEAN shorts. OK I have not worn jeans in maybe 10 or 15 years. Not a possibility in my world. But I felt good, (can you hear the song??? I feel good...nanananana) so I grabbed a pair in a size I figured would NOT fit but it was worth a try and they were only $12 and maybe I'd fit in them before summer ended. Brought them home to try on (couldn't do it in Walmart, didn't want to embarass myself as the security guys watched me struggle on those secret dressing room survelance cameras) well they went on, and buttoned with ease. GREAT. AWESOME. "Look honey they fit, I am wearing jeans!!!" And then I turned around to model the back side and SHOT HIM THE MOON, as the shorts fell straight to my ankles. Oops. Guess I'll be going back to Walmart on Wednesday to exchange for a size or two smaller. Oh what a hardship, huh?
Maybe one day in my near future I'll actually get a pair of designer jeans or something. It's possible. Anything is possible.
~
This is the yarn I picked up today
Peaches and Creme in colors: Licorice, Ecru, Orange Sherbert and Earthtone. These will be knitted into dishcloths for Libby, she won them for helping confirm the name for my car, Barbie. Oh by the way I have decide that my husbands truck now must be named so I am calling the truck... KEN. LOL
~
KnitPurlGurl has another contest on her blog... Click on the photo to take you there
It's for two beautiful hanks of yarn.
~
Adam is coming tomorrow after school, his mom has DR appt. He won't be staying overnight or anything, but it will be good to see him since he went home early this past weekend.
~
I didn't get a chance to knit or crochet today. But I did catch up on Ravelry and Weight Watechers and Emails so that was good. Tomorrow I hope to finish the baby blanket and start on those dishcloths.
~
Oh and April 1st starts my next MONTH long contest. I will have a prize winner every Friday. So make sure to come back every day to get enteries. Send your friends too, I love seeing new people comment and if they have a blog you can be sure I will be visiting and commenting there too.
~
I guess that's all for today... You all have a wonderful night, sweet dreams and I'll catch you Tuesday.
~
AK

17 comments:

smariek said...

I love it! This is a GOOD problem to have. I can see you're having fun shopping.

Unknown said...

Such a sacrifice you are willing to make. One of my WW leaders told us a story about after she had lost 100 pounds, she tried on some jeans at WalMart, that had the size down the leg in one of those sticky strips things. She walked around with it on her leg all day long because it said it was a size 10 and she hadn't been a size 10 since "before dirt." LOL.

I am going to so look forward to buying new clothes.

Unknown said...

Oh you poor woman! I feel so sorry for you that you can now fit into jean shorts and can buy clothes off the rack! What are we gonna do? LOL.

congratulations!! Doesn't it feel wonderful to have pants fall down around your ankles? I bet you did the happy dance!

Have a great day!

Wendy said...

ROFLMAO......I can just see those shorts fallng right off.....You know Jack has lost a lot of weight, and even with a belt his pants basically slide right off, of course no mony to buy him new ones, SO hopefully his do not com right off at some point....LOL...

Libby's Library said...

Oooooooooh Yeah - I love the colors!
Thanks so much Kathy!

I'm so excited for you! You are gonna be my weight loss inspiration. Let's lose this weight together. Then we can shop, shop, shop!

Looking forward to your month of giveaways.

Enjoy your book!

Unknown said...

Kathy I'm so happy for you. It's been years since I went into a store and bought clothes off the rack. If it wasn't for Woman Within I'd be naked all the time. God bless them.
Oh I just finished my The Husband book and I loved it. well all except the very end. but I will discuss it all with you after you read it.

Cat said...

OMG I am so jealous of you and so very very very proud. You go honey!!!!!


Hugs!!!!

Twocans said...

I got so tickled at your jeans story; you're doing fabulous!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I'm so proud of you and would love to drop some weight myself:)((((Hugging You))))) Darcy

Bubblesknits said...

Congratulations on your pants falling off! lol I know you're excited. :-)

Jane said...

I bought some peaches & cream at Walmart this weekend too - but no jean shorts that were too big for me! You should be so proud of yourself!

Maria said...

very cool, Kathy!! Happy April 2009!!

Turtle said...

yay on the jeans! that is so great, especially the size bit!! I got my butt back into the gym today after a few weeks off with stomach issues. Hay Kat, can i get your addy...i think i have a few books you might really like.

Grace said...

wow you had a good time shopping, How exciting for you Love the Peaches and Cream colors!!

Kenyetta said...

Congrats to you! I am so jealous too!

Mari said...

I haven't read a Dean Koontz book in ages. Enjoy!

Claudia said...

Congratulations all around!!!!! You're doing so well! :D

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me