Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday- It may be Silver, but it's worth Gold to me

Finally I am going to have wheels again. We bit the bullet and bought a new/used car. It's a 2001 Chevrolet Malibu. My old car was a 1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass, they are almost identical cars. This will come in handy if we need any parts.

There is a small dent on the hood but nothing that effects the running of the car and I personally don't care about the cosmetics, as long as it runs and runs well.

I've never had a silver car before. I think this car needs a name, huh? Any suggestions? Perhaps I will send a PRIZE to the person who submits a name for my car and I decide to adopt it. post your names in the comment section, OK? I am going to register it tomorrow so I need a name by Friday, I can't drive a nameless car.
~
So have you all seen the new Dora the Tween doll coming out?

Seems to be a big uproar about how she looks, um not like an explorer anymore. I actually think she is kind of pretty. I guess they have to grow up sometime. There was an article about it, if you click on the picture it will take you to it. I saw it on the View, and had to go look it up, lol. I don't think Adam is going to like the new Dora but my niece who is now almost 8 would probably love her. I do wonder though what pray tell did boots grow up into, King Kong? Yikes.
~
I was blog hopping earlier and was on Susans blog and saw this You Tube video. All I can say is if you have 2 or 3 minutes you have to watch this, it's so cool. And how and where do people find the time to do things like this.



I mean really, wasn't that the coolest thing you have seen today?
~
I didn't get to upload the pictures from ym camera of all the squares I have made over the past couple days, but I'll do that tomorrow and post the pics. They aren't anything special, just squares, but they are keeping me current with my 365 projects for 2009.
~
Tomorrow is weigh in day for me, and Support group. I also hope to get my March picture taken tomorrow. I am trying to get one each month to document the changes. They told me at church today that I really am looking much thinner, and not just in my face. I wish I could notice it. I do notice the smaller clothes, and the smaller, tighter fitting bra. I have to admit I look pretty good there right now, not like the grandma in the cartoons I have always looked like before, you know the grandma I am talking about... I was gonna post a picture of it (the cartoon , not mine, lol) but do you think I can find it? NO
~
So on that note, I think I'll call it a night. Have agreat night, sweet dreams. I'll see you sometime Thursday.
~
AK

19 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

"Silver Streak" of course;)(((Hugs)))) Darcy

Wendy said...

I SOOoo loved my Malibu. I had a 2000 and also a 2004....SO
Quick Silver will be the name...by the way my first Malibu was silver. Silver Mist is a good one also.

Robynn's Ravings said...

How 'bout The Silver Fox for the groovy new grandma and her new bod? lol

magnoliasntea said...

It's all in the name. Trusty

Dora..what is she thinkin' about now?
One of my daughters has been helping her friends out by picking up their little girl from kindergarten. She is so preoccupied with her looks that she is on the verge of becoming non-functional..sad.

Unknown said...

Can't think of a name for your car, sorry. I'm still too thrilled about the sheep video. That was amazing!
And I don't see what the big deal is about Dora. My 6 yr old outgrew Dora awhile ago. It would be nice to see her doing grown up mysteries, like Nancy Drew. Cool!

Good luck with your car name: just thought of one: Grace. By the grace of God...

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Well, since in the book "The Wizard of Oz" the ruby slippers were actually silver, you should name her Dorothy or Glenda. Then you can always get back home!

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

haha! I like Krista's logic for a name! :) made me smile! I think It should be called the Silver Bullet. :D
I will be praying that your weigh-in tomorrow goes well! :) I'm sure you are looking GREAT!!! :D
Well, I actually have the day off today (besides taking my last final exam online) so I'm gonna go see if i can start casting on!! ;) Have a great day!!

leah said...

Okay, this might be corny but I would go with Bullet.....you bit the bullet and bought it....and silver suits a bullet??? Enjoy it!

Turtle said...

nice! i like sturdy dependable names for cars...my car is named Fern (also the actual color of her paint) Your car looks like a Ruth or Crystal to me. Congrats!

Libby's Library said...

Hi Ho Silver...away!
Hi Ho, Hi Ho - it's off to wherever you want to go!

I'll have to put my thinking cap on, and come back with some good names. I want to win, so that you can send me some washcloths as a prize!

Libby's Library said...

Since it's a Malibu, you could name her Barbie or Beach Baby.

Naw - gotta come up with something better than that.

amy-lynne......... said...

love the car!!!... my first thought was silver bullet but then i saw that was already said so the next thought was "silver bells" ok ok ok that was corny... have a great day/night

Bubblesknits said...

I think Silver Fox or Silver Bullet, like others have said. :-)

Can't believe the new Dora...um...wow. Aren't kids growing up fast enough?

That video was AWESOME!!!!

Renna said...

Congratulations on the new wheels. I'm like you, it doesn't have to be new or fancy to please me, though I might say, yours does look very pretty, indeed!

Anonymous said...

OK so you have thought about the name "Kathy's Silver Angel" right. Nice car and I know you will have Tom pray over it.

Anonymous said...

How about Silver Bullet, Quick Silver, Silvery Dreammobile.

I loved the video thank you for sharing that.

Hugs!!!

Unknown said...

I say call your car Sugar, cuz she looks like a sweet car. lol
OMG those guys and the sheep video were uber uber cool. loved it.
Oh by the way I have something for you on my blog.
Hugs Patt

Unknown said...

loved the sheep video. Some people are so creative that way.

Anyway, I would name the car HiHo, as in "Hi Ho Silver, away." Doesn't take much to amuse me.

I hope the weigh in goes well. I have my first meeting on Monday. My doc is very excited.

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

So, i just thought i'd leave a quick comment AGAIN to let you know that i did NOT cast on for my shrug today lol... just thought i'd share with you before i posted a blog about it tomorrow! lol... I ended up trying my hand at recycling yarn from a too small sweater... anyways... Thanks for letting me know that its mostly easier now that i picked out the color! lol... you make me smile! Thanks!! :D

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me