Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday- Thanks Everyone I am Gonna Love It, Hahaha




This is the basket weave dishcloth I made on a whim during the talent show. I just made it up as I went along and then crocheted around the edge and wala. I like it. It's big though maybe 9X9 or close to that. And of course it's PINK.
~
Well Look at this contest I discovered. Now of course I am encouraging you all to enter, BUT if you win you have to give the prize to ME. Hahahahahahahaha
I mean really people, I have hanks of sock yarn I can't use until I get this. I am a woman in NEED. LOL Anyway the contest ends April 3rd so go click on the picture of the soon to be combo swift and ball winder that will be mine and go enter. Thanks. I know I am gonna love it.
~
I talked to my dad tonight and it looks like I will be spending a MONTH, yes a WHOLE month this summer in San Diego with him. I am so excited I can hardly breathe. I haven't been home, yes San Diego is HOME, since 1990. I am going to a wedding on a Yacht while there too, I am just bouncing around with happiness.
~
I can see me now, knitting on the beach. Oh JOY JOY JOY
~
Hmmm do you think I am looking forward to this trip? Nah me either.
~
Oh and to make this day even better I MADE it to the POOL. Yep and I swam a mile too. Not too shabby after not swimming since Christmas. After the first 6 laps I thought my arms were gonna fall off they felt like lead, but by lap 7 I suddenly limbered up and was good to go.
~
Well it's after midnight and look here I am still up blogging when I am supposed to be in bed, geez. You all have a great night and I'll see you tomorrow. Sweet dreams.
~
AK

12 comments:

Claudia said...

Since I do have one already, if I win another one, I will definitely have it sent to you. How's that? :D

Wendy said...

I would so LOVE the swift....I have a ball winder a gift from an old friend, but when it comes to winding hanks I drape the yarn around a chair and boy is it a chore....
You sound like you had an absolutly wonderful day and I am so Happy for you.....As they say good things come to those who wait....
HUGS

Renna said...

The upcoming trip sounds wonderful for you, Kathy! :-)

A swift and a ballwinder? Be still my beating heart!

magnoliasntea said...

I enjoyed this post; there's so much to be happy about in it! I'm glad you will be going to visit with your dad in California. A wedding on a yacht...very cool. You must take pictures and share them with us.

Your new cloth is beautiful. I love the basket weave look. Hmm..wondering if it would make a nice towel bein' as it's large. I keep that size for under hot casseroles.

Congrats on swimming a mile. We planted four rows of taters yesterday..ouch. :)

Unknown said...

Nice cloth.
Lucky you. San Diego. Beach. Warmth. Sun. Sand. You will be blogging, yes? I can't wait to see pics!

Libby's Library said...

Okay - I just put in as many entrees as I could. If I win, I'll have them send it to you!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I envy you sounds like a relaxing and fun trip:) I love the dishcloth and the giveaway is awesome.Hugs Darcy

smariek said...

I could use a swift & ball winder too, now that I have started to knit socks and have somehow managed to collect so many hanks of sock yarn. But, I really don't want an umbrella swift (I don't really have a place to clamp one). I haven't had much internet time lately -- busy, plus I was "in transition" between old & new computers for many days -- but I'll try to enter later when I have more time, and if I win, the swift is yours.

Jane said...

How wonderful for you! I can't think of anyone who deserves a vacation like that more than you (well, except me of course - can I come?)

Kenyetta said...

Congrats! Sounds like you are going to have an awesome summer!

Bubblesknits said...

Love the dishcloth. :-) Off to enter the contest.

Libby's Library said...

I meant to tell you that I think that this dishcloth is awesome!
Love the pattern!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me