Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering Adams life and others on 9/11







These are pictures after the first week. Joe and I were the first people to get to actually hold the baby for the first time. Angie wasn't there with us. Joe and I were there and I asked the nurse in the NICU when we would get to hold him, and she said NO ONE has held him yet? She got us a rocking chair and that was the beginning of many many hugs with that baby.

Tomorrow I will post some pictures taken once he came home from the hospital... I am going through all these pictures and clearly I can see I should have started this September 1st LOL there are so many to choose from but I am trying to limit it to 5 per day.

I made one more feather and fan dishcloth yesterday, and yes they are smaller then the normal cloth but I really like them. They are about 5x5 or 6x6 I already forgot, lol. Just perfect for a quick holiday wipe down, or even to have on the coffee table to use as a coaster or a small doilie. I got three out of one ball using a size 8 needle.

Now I am working on a lace pattern. I saw this dishcloth on Michelle's blog, it was a swap gift and decided I had to try it. She sent me the link to the creators blog. I haven't finished it yet, I started last night and am 1/3 of the way finished. I'll probably post it tomorrow.

It's September 11th, hard to believe it's been 6 years since that horrible day. I was working then, in my car when I heard the first report of a plane crash... in my office watching a little portable TV when we realised what that crash was. It was also primary election day here in NY and I work the polls, they were of course cancelled. I still get a little emotional when I think of that day. I was blessed not to have lost anyone close to me, but so much was lost. BUT so much was gained. I saw a city of strangers suddenly embrace each other, I saw the good in people come out and give to others without expecting something in return. I saw God working in the midst of this tragedy and that was a miracle. They said on the news today that the impact will eventually wear down and it will just be a distant memory, I pray they are wrong. I pray that we always remember, not what happened alone, but how that changed us as a nation.

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

God is bringing healing through this and not just from the loss of 9-11 but from our self-absorbed lifestyle. It was a tragedy like this that made us see that God is bigger then we are, humbled even the strongest man and got a world praying again. That to me is the biggest miracle of all.

1 comment:

SimplyMe said...

Amen and preach it sistah!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me