These three pictures are of some crocheted ornaments I worked on this weekend. I got the pattern ideas from Crochet Central patterns, I did revise them all a little, but the basic ideas came from there. I may try a few other ones too, like a dolphin and a mermaid...there were a lot on there, I haven't even looked at them all yet.
This dishcloth is from the 2008 Calendar I posted about a couple days ago... I loved the look of the pattern and had to try it out. It was pretty easy to follow even though it looks hard, if you haven't yet considered buying the calendar yourself, there are some pretty nice patterns in there. Here is the link to the calendar blog again...http://knittingcalendar.blogspot.com/
So there you go, that is how I spent my Saturday, what were you all up to?
Oh the answer to yesterdays Guess was 60, there were sixty little skeins of yarn in that box, and I think I threw away 20 before that. Not too bad of a deal huh, for $3.00 at a yard sale. And I used that yarn to make the above animal ornaments too. So you can bet I could decorate many a package top or tree with all that yarn, right?
TODAY'S CONTEST ASSIGNMENT OF COURSE, IS TAKE A REST DAY SUNDAY... REMEMBER TO TAKE SOME TIME FOR YOURSELF TODAY, REFRESH YOUR MIND, BODY AND SPIRIT. REMEMBER TO BE THANKFUL FOR ALL YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN AND TO SHARE WITH OTHERS THE JOY YOU KNOW.
POST IN THE COMMENT SECTION A SIMPLE HELLO, OR TELL US HOW YOU ARE RELAXING THIS WEEKEND, WHATEVER YOU LIKE. ANY COMMENT WILL GET YOU AN ENTRY FOR THE OCTOBER PRIZE.
That said I need to go take a shower, I am still very sleepy. I had a hard time falling asleep last night, it was 2AM and I was still awake. I think I was afraid I'd over sleep again and be late for church that I couldn't fall asleep. I guess maybe I'll nap this afternoon, as the race cars are zooming around in circles on the TV lulling me to sleep, LOL.
DH is hunting again. He is going to unfamiliar territory and actually hoping to see a bear or two. he asked for some bright ribbon yarn to mark trees so he doesn't get lost. Of course since I have organized my stash I knew right where to find some, but it looks like he forgot it, uh oh!!!
Stay tuned tomorrow to see how it all turned out... will I have a bear skinned rug on the floor, or will I be sending out a search party for the man who never asks for directions?...LOL, come on you all know what I'm talking about here, ha ha ha.
Have a wonderful day, may the Lord shine upon you and all those you love and fill you with peace and joy and refresh your spirits so you can face what lies ahead. Good or bad, happy or sad, easy or hard, the lord will be beside you all the way.
- ► 2009 (272)
- ► 2008 (365)
- Last Day... BOO HOO...
- Day 30, Winter in NY
- Monday day 29, a new week begins
- Day 28, Sunday... a Day of Rest
- Saturday, day 27 of the October contest
- October 26, 5 contest days left
- Contest Day 25, Thursday
- Thursday, day 24, tired of me yet?
- Tuesday... Contest Day #23
- Monday Day 22
- 21 Contest days have come and gone
- Day 20, 11 more to go
- TGIF- October Contest Day 19
- Contest day # 18, so glad you're here
- Day 17, Mid week Wednesday
- Tuesday, Day 16... it's crazy here
- Monday, Monday... Day 15
- Sunday, Day 14, almost 1/2 way through
- Saturday, Day 13, The Weekend is Here
- Day 12, TGIF and boy am I tired
- Day 11, How about a poll???
- Day 10, Do you know where your yarn stash is?
- Day 9, Let's keep going, OK?
- Day 8, starting the second week already
- Day 7, A day of REST
- Day 6, let the weekend begin
- Contest day 5, are you still with me?
- Day 4 of the October contest
- Day 3, Happy Wednesday
- Day 2, we are up and running
- Let the Contest begin, Day 1-
- ▼ October (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States