Well let's see... I woke up at 9:30 this morning. I was so tired. I way overdid it yesterday, but got alot done. I had plans on finishing today but plans change. Since I woke up the phone has rang no less then 10 times. I haven't even had breakfast yet. I am HUNGRY. Looks like Adam is on his way over too, they have some appointments today and need me to watch him. No problem. I wish now that I had cleaned his toys yesterday. Oh well, maybe we can work on it together, yeah right.
I like how that Star Afghan come out too. I can't wait until my mom sees it as I am giving it to her to give as a baby shower gift. This is the link to the place where I got the free pattern...
You need to scroll down, it was a pattern from October 2005
By the way there were 32 rounds total in the pattern. It was really easy to follow and if you know how to crochet, I highly recommend trying it.
Onto today's Contest assignment...
HOW DO YOU KEEP TRACK OF YOUR YARN STASH? DO YOU GO THROUGH IT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE, DO YOU KEEP A LIST WITH WHAT AND HOW MANY YARNS YOU HAVE, ARE YOU ALWAYS SURPRISED AT WHAT YOU FIND YOU HAVE AROUND? ETC... TELL US ABOUT YOUR STASH
POST A COMMENT TODAY AND BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING FOR THE MYSTERY PRICE AT THE END OF THIS MONTH.
I ask this question as that is what I planned on doing today, going through my stash and re-organizing it a little. I try to separate the yarns by categories... solid colors, variegated, cotton, specialty yarns etc. I keep most of mine in those plastic afghan/bed in a bag see thru bags. This way I can see most of the colors at a quick glance. I also tend to ball up the skeins because I hate working with yarn and having it knot up on me. Grrrr.
But with Adam coming over I don't think I'll get to it. Sad too because I have 3 huge boxes of yarn I have yet to sort through. I can only imagine what I could be making with some of the treasures buried in there.
Well Adam will be here any minute so I am going to sign off and get the TV ready for him. Sorry I was so late blogging this morning, it's been crazy here.
Oh and I forgot who asked but the dishcloth pattern I got from my exchange partner was I believe the DW pattern... here is the link for that too, I haven't made one myself but it's on my list to do.
Have a great one,
- ► 2009 (272)
- ► 2008 (365)
- Last Day... BOO HOO...
- Day 30, Winter in NY
- Monday day 29, a new week begins
- Day 28, Sunday... a Day of Rest
- Saturday, day 27 of the October contest
- October 26, 5 contest days left
- Contest Day 25, Thursday
- Thursday, day 24, tired of me yet?
- Tuesday... Contest Day #23
- Monday Day 22
- 21 Contest days have come and gone
- Day 20, 11 more to go
- TGIF- October Contest Day 19
- Contest day # 18, so glad you're here
- Day 17, Mid week Wednesday
- Tuesday, Day 16... it's crazy here
- Monday, Monday... Day 15
- Sunday, Day 14, almost 1/2 way through
- Saturday, Day 13, The Weekend is Here
- Day 12, TGIF and boy am I tired
- Day 11, How about a poll???
- Day 10, Do you know where your yarn stash is?
- Day 9, Let's keep going, OK?
- Day 8, starting the second week already
- Day 7, A day of REST
- Day 6, let the weekend begin
- Contest day 5, are you still with me?
- Day 4 of the October contest
- Day 3, Happy Wednesday
- Day 2, we are up and running
- Let the Contest begin, Day 1-
- ▼ October (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States