Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday, Day 16... it's crazy here

Well let's see... I woke up at 9:30 this morning. I was so tired. I way overdid it yesterday, but got alot done. I had plans on finishing today but plans change. Since I woke up the phone has rang no less then 10 times. I haven't even had breakfast yet. I am HUNGRY. Looks like Adam is on his way over too, they have some appointments today and need me to watch him. No problem. I wish now that I had cleaned his toys yesterday. Oh well, maybe we can work on it together, yeah right.

I like how that Star Afghan come out too. I can't wait until my mom sees it as I am giving it to her to give as a baby shower gift. This is the link to the place where I got the free pattern...
http://woodhilldesignpatternpage.blogspot.com/
You need to scroll down, it was a pattern from October 2005

By the way there were 32 rounds total in the pattern. It was really easy to follow and if you know how to crochet, I highly recommend trying it.

Onto today's Contest assignment...

HOW DO YOU KEEP TRACK OF YOUR YARN STASH? DO YOU GO THROUGH IT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE, DO YOU KEEP A LIST WITH WHAT AND HOW MANY YARNS YOU HAVE, ARE YOU ALWAYS SURPRISED AT WHAT YOU FIND YOU HAVE AROUND? ETC... TELL US ABOUT YOUR STASH

POST A COMMENT TODAY AND BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING FOR THE MYSTERY PRICE AT THE END OF THIS MONTH.


I ask this question as that is what I planned on doing today, going through my stash and re-organizing it a little. I try to separate the yarns by categories... solid colors, variegated, cotton, specialty yarns etc. I keep most of mine in those plastic afghan/bed in a bag see thru bags. This way I can see most of the colors at a quick glance. I also tend to ball up the skeins because I hate working with yarn and having it knot up on me. Grrrr.

But with Adam coming over I don't think I'll get to it. Sad too because I have 3 huge boxes of yarn I have yet to sort through. I can only imagine what I could be making with some of the treasures buried in there.

Well Adam will be here any minute so I am going to sign off and get the TV ready for him. Sorry I was so late blogging this morning, it's been crazy here.

Oh and I forgot who asked but the dishcloth pattern I got from my exchange partner was I believe the DW pattern... here is the link for that too, I haven't made one myself but it's on my list to do.
http://www.knittingknonsense.com/DW_cloth.html

Have a great one,
AK

7 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Ummmmmm.....I don't keep track of my yarn stash!

Mary Ann said...

My stash is slowly being deleted! I've been trying to use the yarn that I have for the projects that I want to make. I have the yarn seperated by catagories--worsted, sport & baby, peaches & cream, #5, #10, and novelty yarns. I have clear containers that most of my yarn is in. That way I can see what colors I have. But I do have a large container in my closet filled with #10 thread.

Other than putting them in the clear containers, I have no idea what colors I have or anything like that. It's always a surprise! LOL

Good luck with your sorting!

Lil Knitter said...

I don't really have my stash organized...it's all together in one corner of the room (mostly) but as far as sorting it...no way.
I am the most UNorganized person...I want to get it all sorted and written down but if/when is a really big question. And sometimes I am surprised to find a yarn I didn't remember having.
Hugs!

Wendy said...

Well it is sort of organized. I have boxes and totes. Cotton, worsted weight, baby, wool, cotton fleece, novelty. I did buy those XXL Ziplock bags to sort them in, so that I could fit them under my bed. But that was 3 weeks ago, and I still have yet to do it. Right now the totes and boxes take up one area in my bedroom. My girlfriend asked "how do you get in your room?" I told her I can get to the bed. That is good enough for now. I have no idea on the various colors, or amounts, I just know that I have "A LOT" and need to use it up (which I will have no problem doing at some point.)

ikkinlala said...

My stash all fits in one big plastic bin, so it's pretty easy to keep track of. I do go through it once in a while, more to inspire myself than anything.

Thanks for the link to the dishcloth pattern!

Katie O said...

I have 3 totes full... but now that I got onto Ravelry, I know exactly what is in my stash... what a great tool that is. If you haven't signed up... I suggest it... Ravelry.com. There is a waiting list at the moment... they are new and don't want to overdo their servers... so it's slowly invite only... but it moves quickly. sign up and wait to enjoy. :) It is very awesome!

JoanK said...

Late again - heavy day yesterday and a memorial this afternoon ..

I have vague ideas of what I have in my stash - must organize soon, as I should get my Ravelry invite within 10 days - what a great tool, as if the computer crashes, it's safe!!

Have a great Wednesday all

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me