Saturday, October 27, 2007
That's my little guy modeling the hat I made from Wendy's pattern. He was so happy with that blue hat, lol. Usually we can't get him to wear one, but he liked this one and put it on to show everyone. It was so cute. Obviously it's an adult size but that didn't seem to matter. Now if I can get him to keep his shirt on, hahahahahaha
This is the first ear warmer I made for my son Jim... just a basic garter stitch, I did finish the second one which I doubled the width and then folded it over and made it double thick. I figured that would for sure keep his ears from freezing and breaking off. He said they would actually "break" off without this, lol.
I took Adam out again yesterday, we went to my moms and had a play date with Hannah and Colin. He had a blast. We had made a treasure map earlier that day with a big X on it, so we brought that with us and they had a little treasure hunt in the backyard. They got sidewalk chalk and drew X's all around and kept finding different treasures. Adam loves treasure maps. While there my mom gave me a bag of yarn she got at a yard sale, it had a half finished crocheted V-neck short sleeved sweater shirt in it and all the yarn to finish it. There were also a couple pages torn from a magazine with the pattern in it. The magazine was a Woman's day and the article was from April 1976. LOL. Guess she has had that UFO for some time, huh? Anyway it's made with a size 1 crochet hook, but I am going to try to finish it. If I can by Christmas I think I'll give it to my mom, she really liked the pattern.
I also designed a new dishcloth last night, I was almost ready for bed and got an inspiration, so I got out the graph paper and started drawing. I haven't test knitted it yet, that will be my project today.
OK ONTO TODAY'S CONTEST STUFF...
IT'S TIME FOR A GUESS PICTURE... BELOW IS MY BAG OF SOLID COLORS OF ASSORTED YARNS, SOME IN SKEINS MOST IN BALLS... I'M SURE IT'S A SHOCK TO YOU BUT THIS BAG IS NOT ALL OF IT, BUT I CAN'T FIT IN ANYMORE YET, LOL. SO TAKE A LOOK AT THE BAG, SEE IF YOU CAN GUESS THE NUMBER OF DIFFERENT BALLS AND SKEINS I HAVE STUFFED IN THAT BAG.
POST YOUR GUESS IN THE COMMENT SECTION, RIGHT OR WRONG YOUR GUESS EARNS YOU ANOTHER ENTRY IN THE CONTEST OF THE OCTOBER MYSTERY PRIZE.
Well I have folded 5 loads of laundry, and have 2 more to go today... I need to change sheets on the beds and wash those. Finish still the dishes from Joe's room... yep, they are not all done yet, I got sidetracked with Adam here. Oops. Knit that new dishcloth pattern, take a LONG LONG shower, a nap, and who knows what else... a weekend does not mean rest for me. At least not today.
See everyone tomorrow... Hope your day is more fun filled then mine, LOL
- ► 2009 (272)
- ► 2008 (365)
- Last Day... BOO HOO...
- Day 30, Winter in NY
- Monday day 29, a new week begins
- Day 28, Sunday... a Day of Rest
- Saturday, day 27 of the October contest
- October 26, 5 contest days left
- Contest Day 25, Thursday
- Thursday, day 24, tired of me yet?
- Tuesday... Contest Day #23
- Monday Day 22
- 21 Contest days have come and gone
- Day 20, 11 more to go
- TGIF- October Contest Day 19
- Contest day # 18, so glad you're here
- Day 17, Mid week Wednesday
- Tuesday, Day 16... it's crazy here
- Monday, Monday... Day 15
- Sunday, Day 14, almost 1/2 way through
- Saturday, Day 13, The Weekend is Here
- Day 12, TGIF and boy am I tired
- Day 11, How about a poll???
- Day 10, Do you know where your yarn stash is?
- Day 9, Let's keep going, OK?
- Day 8, starting the second week already
- Day 7, A day of REST
- Day 6, let the weekend begin
- Contest day 5, are you still with me?
- Day 4 of the October contest
- Day 3, Happy Wednesday
- Day 2, we are up and running
- Let the Contest begin, Day 1-
- ▼ October (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States