Friday, October 19, 2007

TGIF- October Contest Day 19

Hello...

Well it's Friday. Adam is here but he wants to go home. He doesn't feel good, along with the other problem that still exists, he has a pretty bad cough too. When he doesn't feel good he wants JanMom (his other Grandma)we will see if he ends up staying overnight tonight too. I am not sure.

Yesterday my husband went hunting, as he has been all week, and came home with two flat tires on his truck. He just went and got two new tires at $70 a piece, Geeez now what bill will I have to skip paying this month. Two flat tires, can we just say it's another reason I am not fond of this hunting passion he has. It costs way too much money.

I did post my two newest dishcloth patterns on my other blog yesterday. The grape dishcloth is a revised pattern. Below is a picture of my first try, done in a solid color... I didn't like it because I thought the bunches of grapes were too short and fat, so in the revised pattern I thinned it out and made them a little longer, and also on the variegated version I made a lace pattern for the stem and leaves instead of the purl stitches I used in the one below. Anyway I thought I'd show you the "failure" as well... Maybe if this pattern was done in red it would look more like a strawberry, lol.



So there you go... how about we get right to today's contest assignment...

A RIDDLE

I AM A PLACE
OUT IN CYBER SPACE
WHERE FRIENDS CAN MEET
WITHOUT USING THEIR FEET
I SHOW LOTS OF THINGS
MANY IDEAS MY PLACE BRINGS
SOME HAVE ONE OR MORE THEN TWO
SO I'LL ASK, HOW ABOUT YOU?
IF YOUR HEAD IS NOT IN A FOG
THEN YOU MIGHT GUESS I AM A...???

POST YOUR ANSWER IN THE COMMENT SECTION AND RECEIVE ANOTHER ENTRY FOR THE OCTOBER MYSTERY BOX. NO WORRIES IF YOU CAN'T SOLVE THE RIDDLE, RIGHT OR WRONG YOUR COMMENT COUNTS AND BRINGS YOU CLOSER TO BEING THE WINNER.


Well breakfast time, I'll check in later.

AK

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a BLOG! :-)

Gotta go check out the pattern, I never got a chance yesterday...

Lil Knitter said...

The answer is BLOG! I feel your pain with the flat tires. Wednesday I had to get my rear brakes done and then Wednesday afternoon, I ended up with a flat tire. Luckily the tire guy was able to get it fixed that same afternoon.
Now, I gotta go look at those patterns as well. I got sidetracked yesterday.
HUGS!

Wendy said...

A Blog........Hey wanted to let you know that I got quite a few new visitors to my blog yesterday. I also linked from here to a few. So your suggestion worked. I did mention yours on mine along with the "coffee addiction" quiz. I thought I was bad, but I am only 71% addicted. So sorry to hear the little man is not feeling well. Don't you just love this time of year........Knocking on wood, we are all doing good, at the moment. Have a great day........

SimplyMe said...

Yep, I'm going for a blog too....and I'm thinking YOURS!!! LOL.

Katie O said...

BLOG!! I finally got one as I read a long!! YEA!! Hope you have a great friday and adam feels better!

Mary Ann said...

The answer is Blog!! And I only have one!

So your dh ended up with two flat tires! How did that happen? Tires are so expensive!

I finished another white motif for my afghan yesterday. I haven't done any crocheting yet today. Right now I'm feeling like I need a nap! Becca is asleep on the couch!

After the WI this morning, she and I went to help Deb sell calendars for the Historical Society. Then another lady showed up. We weren't doing well, so we packed up and went out for lunch! LOL

Now I think I'll finish checking on some things, then take a short nap.

Oh yeah, thanks to your urging, I visited a couple of other blogs and others visited mine. Bet you didn't know how much you influence people did you? LOL

JoanK said...

Neat riddle and good ads for a blog. Guess I'll tune in tomorrow for how Adam is doing - ouch on the tires - thankful you and Adam weren't in the truck when the tires went.

"Blogless in Canada!"

ikkinlala said...

The answer's "blog," I think.

Katie O said...

Hey Kathy... what number do you need to get to on the people counter in order to hit 2000?? I'd like to keep a watch out too, if that's ok!! :)

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me