Wow what a week huh?
Ok first things first...
Yesterdays answer... there were 560 YoYo's in the pictured afghan... 20 across and 28 down. Why such an odd number? Well I knit/crochet squares for charity and they are usually about 8", and it looked to me that 16 YoYo's sewn together made about an 8" square. Close Knit Hugs is the charity I work with and her afghans are usually 5 squares across and 7 squares long.
At first I was making the YoYo's whenever I had scrap yarn around after making a square or other project. I kept them in a washed out coffee can (hint... if you do ever do this, TUCK in those ends right away, don't wait until you have 500 of them, lol)It takes about 3 minutes to make a YoYo so they work up fast. Once I was ready to start trying to connect them (it looked complicated but really wasn't) I realised I needed more colors so I started making YoYo's on purpose.
My grandson Adam loved watching me work with this project, he will be three in September and he would sit there and point out all the colors in the afghan. BLUE, ORNGE, LELLOW... I am already collecting more YoYo's and maybe by the end of the year I'll have enough to make another one.
Now for today's assignment...
HAVE YOU EVER DONATED SQUARES/ITEMS TO A CHARITY OR CHARITIES? WHICH ONES ARE YOU A PART OF...? FEEL FREE TO SHARE THEIR WEB ADDRESS IN YOUR COMMENT.
As for me... Close Knit Hugs was my first. I have also been making squares for Victory Junction Gang (a NASCAR charity for terminally ill children)I have many more charities I'd like to donate to but haven't yet done it. I'd like to add another one each year as my yarn supplies last.
Looking forward to hearing from everyone today...
It's Wednesday, church night for me, I consider it my mid-week pick up. May you also be renewed today.
- ► 2009 (272)
- ► 2008 (365)
- August 31, Last day of August contest
- Day 30, August is almost over
- The 29th day, So glad you're still here
- 28th Day of the August Contest
- It's Monday, day 27 of the contest
- Sunday, Day 26 of the August Contest
- CONTEST DAY # 25
- 24 days, August contest going strong
- August Contest Day 23
- Day 22, only 9 days left
- August Contest Day 21
- Monday, day 20 of the August Contest
- Sunday, Day 19 of the contest
- Day 18 of the August contest
- Day 17 of the August contest
- Thursday, Day 16 and counting
- Day 15, can you believe it?
- Day 14, Contest is 2 weeks strong
- Day Thirteen of August's Contest
- Sunday, Day 12 of the month long contest
- Day 11 starts today
- Day 10, are you still with me?
- Day 9 of the August contest
- Wow is this the 8th day of the contest already?
- Day 7 of the August contest
- Day 6 of the August contest
- It's Sunday, day 5 of the August contest
- Day Four is here
- Day 3 of the August Contest
- Welcome to day 2 of the August contest
- It's August First, Let The Fun Begin
- ▼ August (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States