Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday- 4 Months Today

I can't believe I am about to show you these before pictures, but it is what it was, right? Thank God that is not what it is anymore.
These pictures above range in time from 2004 when Adam was born to 2007. I was at a riduculous HIGH weight, as you can seee most of my days were spent in BED.
This picture you may have seen before but it's head shots of me over the last year or so.

And this last is a sketch of what I hope my new hair cut will look like after Sunday. Yep Sunday is the CUT day.
~
Why the review? Because it's been exactly 4 months since I had my life saving surgery. 120 days and 87 pounds later.
~
Tonight was Support Group and it was a pretty emotional evening. There are several that are scheduled for surgeries soon, and many still working up to getting a surgery date. It's a long process and can be scary thinking about what the future holds. For me though, I had NO future without this surgery. I was on a fast path to death. But now I have Hope and Energy and Life.
~
Some were saying they were afraid the surgery could kill them. I said " When I went into the hospital I had no doubt I was going to die. One way or another I was going to die the day of surgery. Either I was going to die and go the heaven with my Lord, or my old self was going to die and my new life was going to begin. But one way or another I was going to DIE" And I DID.
~
I am NOT the same person. Sure my personality is the same for the most part, but my attitude, my confidence, my countenance that has changed. Food no longer has a hold on me, I have VICTORY, I am not a slave to the temptations it used to present to me. Thank You Jesus.
~
Is there something in your life you need to change? Don't wait. Time is precious. I hate that I had to wait so long to get what I wanted so badly. Know what you want, and Go for it. Dig in with both feet and reach for the promise. You too can have a NEW life and new Hope.
~
Wishing you all a wonderful night sweet dreams and a long life filled with many blessings.
~
AK

9 comments:

Robynn's Ravings said...

Kathy! Thank you for sharing your pictures and your journey. But just for the record, I don't look at your older pictures and think any less of you. I look and think, that woman had to handle her life AND carry her weight and self-loathing around. She was the mother of who you are now and helped to get you here. My hat is off to you - then AND now!

Claudia said...

I have such huge respect for you! You did what you had to do and every day you succeed more and more. Congratulations!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

You are doing wonderful so proud of you:)(((((Hugs)))))))) Darcy

Teresa said...

What an emotional post. You are on a road to health and a long life and what a sweet road it is. Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, you should be a motivational speaker. Seeing what you were and now is an awesome testimonial to anyone, for anything they want to do.
Sure it's not easy or maybe even pleasant, but you stuck with it. I'm so proud of you and I wish I could give you a huge hug. Thanks so much for sharing these personal details of your life, for being so positive throughout the whole thing, and for not giving up!!!
You have inspired me to lose the weight that I need to. Thanks so much again!

Prairiemouse said...

Wow Kathy that is an incredible story, so uplifting and inspiring. I am proud of you friend. Keep up the great work and dig your heals in deep so I can follow!
Love ya
Cindy

Knitnut,Karen said...

Many congratulations Kathy on your new life! Keep those heels dug in and don't take them out til you reach your coal!

Renna said...

What a wonderfully, inspiring testimony, Kathy!

RoamingKnitter said...

You are so full of inspiration, hope and energy that it is just bubbling over into your posts and your creativity. YOU ROCK GIRL! Another email friend of mine had the surgery about 3 weeks ago. I look forward to her life changes like yours.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me