Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday- March 1st- White Rabbit... and the Winners Are...

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.
~
“Rabbit rabbit white rabbit” is a common superstition, held particularly among children. The most common modern version states that a person should say “rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit” upon waking on the first day of each new month, and on doing so will receive good luck for the remainder of that month.
~
Some have also believed it is representing a jumping into the future and moving ahead with life and happiness.
~
Me??? Well I never remember, I've usually spoken several words before my brain registers that the 1st is upon me, so no not supersticious. But I still think the white rabbit is cute. I think I did carry a rabbits foot way back in the 70's when I was 9 or 10... perhaps the white rabbit forgot to say the words back then too, and that's why it lost it's foot. LOL.
~
Ok enough of the mindless jibbering you all want to know who WON don't you? So let's get to the results.
~
#1- I had 2410 page views in 28 days, with 462 comments, thank you everyone for taking time out of your day to visit me. I really appreciate it.
~
#2- I will have given out a total of SIX prizes this month. The Grand prize, a prize for one of my Followers, and a weekly prize given out at the end of each week from a random day's question with the winner chosen by REGIS from any comments that answered the question that day.
~
#3- There will be another contest starting April 1st. No kidding. So make sure to keep the word out there, I'd love to improve the numbers, kinds of my own contest challenge.
~
OK So the GRAND PRIZE was any one of these awesome sayings CASS has for sale in her ETSY store. This picture is just a sample, but if you click on it you will go directly to her store and you can see all the different varieties she has.
~
And the winner of this awesome prize was.... drum roll... TERESA. Please take a minute to go to her blog and congratulate her, I know she'd do the same for you.
~
The next prize pictured here is the gift for one of the public followers of my Blog. I have 43 of you and REGIS chose RITA as the winner of this awesome calendar filled with hints and patterns for the whole year. Now we also had a small gift for the 4th week winner... It was from the comments about being a bag lady this time around... and REGIS chose WENDY from all the comments left that day. These are pom pom makers and I hope she doesn't have them already.
~
Just in case you forgot these were the other three weekly prizes awarded
2 balls of cotton for RENNA on week 3
a needle gauge for MARIA on week 2


And some cotton blend yarn for KATIE O on week 1


So there you go... the lucky winners in the Shortest month of the year, but it seems like the longest since we are all waiting for SPRING so patiently, NOT.
~
If you haven't contacted me with your addresses yet winners please do so ASAP so I can mail out your prizes. Teresa email me or PM me on Ravelry and I'll get you set up with CASS for your prize.
~
Now I think I will wish you all a good night and sweet dreams and hopefully I'll see you all in the morning too.
~
AK

17 comments:

Mari said...

Congrats to all the winners!

Bubblesknits said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't realize that was such a widely known superstition! lol I always forget, too.

Congrats to all the winners!

Robynn's Ravings said...

Yay for the winners! It's almost as fun to pull those winning names as it is to find out you won something. Love contests!

Claudia said...

I never heard of that white rabbit thing. When I hear "white rabbit", I think of Alice in Wonderland. :D

Congratulations to everyone! Very cool stuff!

SimplyMe said...

Congrats winners!!!

I had NEVER heard that before about the white rabbit. Hummm, wonder what box I've been under my whole life.

sailorcross said...

Congratulations to ALL the winners!!

YEAH!!!!! It's fun to see who won which prize!!

Hope you have a wonderful day today!! I'm back to work after this week off--Oh, yeah!!

I really think I need to vacation more!!

Beth

magnoliasntea said...

What lovely prizes! Congrats to the winners!

Wendy said...

COngratulations to all the winners.....
AND thank you very much....
I do not have them, I have always made them the way my grandma taught me, to take a piec of cardboard and keep winding it aroung it a zillion times, then cutting it off the cardboard, then trimming til the size I want...Wastes a lot of yarn, so maybe I can actually make some and save some yarn...

Unknown said...

What great prizes! I wonder if the winners said Rabbit rabbit, white rabbit? LOL.
Thanks for running the contest again and keep them coming!!!

Knitnut,Karen said...

congrats to all the winners. This was fun!

smariek said...

Congrats to all the winners!

I've never heard of the white rabbit thing.

Turtle said...

congrats to the winners!! (cass has been busy making some cute signs!) Hmmm, i had never heard of the white rabbit superstition! So Kat, are you getting slammed with snow again? I called mom today to see how it was and she suprised me by saying she retired friday!!!!???? Lol, she'd been so busy she forgot to tell anyone out here!(as a mail carrier she is very happy to not have to go out in it!)

Grace said...

congrats to everyone teresa you will love your CassQuote I have 2 that I love

Renna said...

This was fun! A big congrats to the grand prize winners, as well as the weekly winners! :-)

I just realized I never sent you my mailing address (oops!). I will do so pronto! :-)

Kenyetta said...

Congrats to all the winners!

Kenyetta said...

Congrats to all the winners!

rita said...

When I was a teenager (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and there were no calculators other than abacuses or whatever they are), we used to say "rabbit" right after midnight at the beginning of each month. New Year's "rabbit" was a big deal.

Ooooooooh, I love the calendar!!! Thank you so much!!!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me