Monday, May 5, 2008

Tuesday is Try something New Day



Well today has been a weird day for me. I can't seem to get my head screwed on straight. I forgot to do a whole bunch of things I normally do each day, like go to Ravelry, breathe, etc. I think my brain never woke up.

I did get a few more fish finished for the latest VJG afghan, I now have 78 fish completed, only about 22 more to go.

I got a package from Shelly today with a blue blanket for VJG and some squares to piece together some more blue yarn (thanks Shelly) and a few personal items for me. I love the new SHREK mug for my water it's awesome. I have informed my kids that the mug is off limits, it is for MY use only or they have to face the wrath of Shelly. When I get the camera from my oldest son I'll work on posting some pictures for you all.

OK onto CONTEST STUFF

Tuesday is try a new stitch day... If you have the time why not try a new stitch today, maybe a small swatch to keep to remind you of this stitch for use in future projects. I read somewhere that someone makes a small swatch of all the different stitches she has learned in a scrap type book and lists the number of stitches needed for the pattern etc. I LOVE this idea and am going to also try this. When I get organized that is, LOL (Right Cat?) Oh by the way CAT is having a contest over on her blog asking for help on getting organized so pop over there and see if you can help her out.

Here is the Tuesday Stitch

BAMBOO STITCH

Works on multiples of two stitches.

Row 1: *Yarn over, knit two. Pass the yarn over over both knit stitches. Repeat from * across.

Row 2: Purl.

Repeat these two rows for pattern.

Making a yarn over at the beginning of the row can be a little tricky. Just drape the yarn over the empty needle and make sure you've wrapped the yarn around the needle before working the first knit stitch.


To get an entry in this weeks contest make a comment on how you like this stitch, if you've ever done this stitch before, if you thought it was easy or hard... whatever. All you really need to do is comment to get an entry.

I guess that's it for me tonight, maybe I'll even get a chance to check blogs before bed, if not I definitely will in the morning.

I see the ENT DR today too so maybe he can fix my nose.

Hope you all have a great day, take a minute to smell the roses, or the freshly fallen rain or whatever fragrances that make you smile.

AK
Sgs 7:13 The mandrakes give a smell, and at our gates [are] all manner of pleasant [fruits], new and old, [which] I have laid up for thee, O my beloved.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope your head gets straight tomorrow ;-)

Hugs!!!

SimplyMe said...

oh, for goodness sake. I forgot all about the ent. What time? I can't wait to hear what that one has to say (wink)

Hummmmm, if I can find the time (time, I'll MAKE time) and do a varigated dishcloth.....now, let's see, I'm currently blowing off how many kal's cos I'm too busy to even read the friggin' things?!?!? Ugh. I LOVE this kind of busy tho!

The big man was a bit peeved that I was doing work while he was at home. Apparently, I was supposed to be sitting down Bwwahhahahahahahaha. I can't flippin' win for losing this week

less than three ya!

Katie O said...

I have done the bamboo stitch before. Takes a little getting used to, but it really has a cool effect, once you figure out the yo thing at the beginning. I hope the appointment goes well... :)

Wendy said...

I will be trying this stitch, just not right now...I am stuck on making head hankies...it was an idea that popped into my head and I made one, which made Brooke decide she needed one in pink for herself and also her friend...Then I showed it to someone else and they want 2....so guess what I will be doing..yes making head hankies for Etsy and hoping that they are a hit there also....
Hope the appointment went well....
Hugs

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me