Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday's Say it best

Went to bed without blogging, I was going to but Adam was having some bad dreams and I decided to snuggle up with him and well that was the end of that story. He woke up smiling though and well so did I.

I tried to upload a picture today but couldn't get it to work. I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. Maybe by Monday.

Yesterday I attemped to get my IPOD set up on this computer, um... didn't work, and now my IPOD seems to be empty, uh oh... I am so computer challenged. I think Adam will be way smarter then me in just a year at the rate he is learning.

The NASCAR race last night... well can I just say DH's favorite driver is Dale Earnhardt Jr and he was not happy when he went to bed last night. I had to laugh, I so saw that crash coming it was just a matter of time.

Haven't read the article yet but I see there was a tragedy at the Kentucky Derby, how sad for the horse.

So I have a question out there for everyone. The Drs have decided to switch Adam from regular dairy products to Soy and he won't drink the Soy at all. Any ideas? I am worried he will not get enough calcium. The Dr also said to stop feeding him white bread and pasta and cheese. They think this might help the bathroom problems he has been having.

Well I think I am ready for a bagel and a cup of coffee, and since I can't go to church because of the foot I think i'll just snuggle up with the Bubba and enjoy some NOGGIN on TV.

AK
Psa 118:24 This [is] the day [which] the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

4 comments:

karen said...

Kathy, try the Silk brand of soymilk. There's even a chocolate milk version. They are very healthy and taste very similar to regular milk. You might try mixing the 2 half and half for awhile til he gets used to it.
You don't have to worry about getting enough calcium. There's plenty in fruits, vegetables etc.
Karen

Wendy said...

ATUMS a day is a great way for him to get calcium...and they have the new kid friendly WHITE (whole wheat) bread, and the whole wheat pasta is pretty good also....I would mix the milk, start with 2 parts regular to one part soy, then in a week go to 1/2 and 1/2, then 2 parts soy to 1 part regular and then the 4th week all soy. This way is not only for him to get use to the taste but also to avoid further problems...Even at his age you are looking at messing up his system even more by just switching him cold turkey....Believe me I have learned this from experience iwth my little man.

Mary Ann said...

Hi Kathy! I think you have some good ideas about the soy milk already. I do know that the Silk Soy milk has vanilla and chocolate flavors though.

When my dd was about his age, the dr told me that she needed more fiber! That was a challenge, believe me.

My dh was upset with the race too! He and your dh share a favorite driver! I think Kyle did it on purpose, but he shot himself in the foot doing it! But they're trying to say that he had lost control of his car. Yeah right!!

I was watching the Derby yesterday and rooting for the horse that had to be put down. She was the only female in the group and she came in 2nd. I felt so bad when I saw her lying on the track, then heard that she was put down due to 2 compound fracters in both front legs! How in the world did that happen? I haven't seen the news, but it's very sad.

I've been knitting all morning, but it's all for naught! I had to frog all the rows I did because of a mistake I made , that I don't know what I did.

Hope you're having a great day!

ikkinlala said...

If they're switching Adam to soy in order to avoid dairy (and not because there's something in the soy that he needs), it might be worth considering other non-dairy options. My mom likes rice milk better than soy.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me