Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday, I once was blind but now I see

Woke up this morning with the hymn Amazing Grace running through my mind.

Last year I watched a movie about the composer of this song. It was called "Amazing Grace" it was a very interesting movie not one I would have normally watched but my mom was pretty convincing. It took place in London I think and was about ending slavery. The writer of this hymn lived during that time and he was a slave trader and it was the things he did during that time haunting him that turned him to God and led him to write this awesome hymn. Even without the tune the words are HOPE.

Amazing Grace (How sweet the sound)
That sav'd a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev'd;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believ'd!

Thro' many dangers, toils and snare,
I have already come;
'Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall profess, within the vail,
A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call'd me here below,
Will be for ever mine.


Adam went home yesterday. I took him to my moms first to play on her swing set. She gave him $2.00 so I could drive thru Old McDonald's (as Adam calls it) for french fries and chicken nuggets. Adam had the dollars in his pocket. I had ZERO cash on me. I drove through and ordered and when I got to the window I asked Adam for the dollars and he didn't want to give them to me. Uh oh panic... I already ordered and I have no money. "Nana, I keep my money, ok?" NO Adam I NEED that money. I finally got it and he was happy with the food, but next time I will make sure I hold the money LOL.

Well I am off to church in a few minutes. Need to get a small breakfast then brush my teeth, I have already showered and braided my hair.

Have a wonderful day, I intend to.
AK
Psa 84:11 For the LORD God [is] a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good [thing] will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Hope you have a wonderful day today...

SimplyMe said...

Ohhhh baby, I would have hated to have been the person working the drive through!!!!!! LOL. Good job talkin' him outta his money! (wink)

Whatcha doin' today??

Lil Knitter said...

lol....too cute. Can't blame him for trying.

Hugs!

sailorcross said...

Amazing Grace--where would we be without God's grace??

Check out this video--

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=93dcc23d67842d66e75e

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me