Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday-

Well I managed to test knit the pattern, this is my finished cloth, unblocked of course, cause I am too lazy I guess to take the time to learn the blocking techniques.
This is Nanci, the birthday girl. Can you believe she just turned 50? Doesn't she look fabulous?
This is my friend Kathy and me and Nanci. We all three had the WLS, so not only are we friends but we are sort of sisters now too. Look how short I am compared to them. Makes me think of that silly Randy Newman song...
Short people got no reason
Short people got no reason
Short people got no reason
To live
~
What a beautiful day today was. Warm and sunny and not too horribly humid. I swam in the pool for about an hour and plan on repeating that tomorrow, and Monday and even Tuesday. Because after Wednesday I am gonna be grounded from the pool for who knows how long. {{sigh}}
~
I made some "Block Party Beans" for the dish to pass today and they came out fantastic. I brought a HUGE slow cooker full and they ate them all, every bite. I revised the recipe a little to make it more firendly for me and oooh it was so good.
~
Church tomorrow so I am going to get ready to call it a night. Sleep tight everyone and sweet dreams.
~
AK

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep, the cloth is cute! I really like the design, especially withe the border within a border. Make sense?

All you ladies look fantastic!

Have a great day!

hakucho said...

Love your cloth! I have never blocked a cloth and I do not intend to ever do so ;)

You, three girls are gorgeous!

Libby's Library said...

The three of you look fantastic!

How long will you be in the hospital?

And I'm short too. 5' 2" if I stand up really straight!

Unknown said...

There are somethings I will block . . . scarves, shawls, sweaters . . . not a cloth. LOL. I guess you could use it and then stretch it out on the counter.

You all look fabulous.

I too am short. Tallest girl in my family (my sisters that is) and I hit a whopping 5'1".

I was wondering whether (or when) you would be able to get back in the pool. I am really missing it because of my foot. Spent an hour in the pool yesterday and am paying for it today.

Unknown said...

Recipe, please!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me