Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday- More Christmas Cloths

Well after church I got right back to working on the Christmas dishcloths. Today I tried some crochet patterns I found on Ravelry.

First up is the Christmas Angel. Pretty easy to make and fast too. The only thing I don't like is it's mostly double crochet stitches so it is pretty holey. But it is very pretty.
The 2nd cloth I made was this Christmas Wreath. I like how it looks but the back is not quite as nice... you can tell about the strings tucked in on the back from the berries and the bow. I think I might crochet up a second wreath and sew it to the back to cover the tucks, and just have it be double thick. Other then that it's a great and easy dishcloth to crochet.

And last I made this Poinsettia Potholder, only I also made this into a dishcloth. I added an extra round because it looked like it was curling in, so I made a scalloped edge and now it lays flat. The designer also had a hanging loop but I decided to omit that as well since I wasn't using it as a pot holder.


I made all of these with the Peaches and Creme Christmas cones I just got last week. So I am 5 gifts down and only about a zillion to go, LOL

I am also hoping to test knit a pair of fingerless gloves for MaryAnn. My yarn is all tangled and I have been trying to get it into a ball for 4 hours now. I am starting to get tired so I guess they will have to wait until tomorrow.

Oh I took a little quiz today from ABC where they showed two comments side by side one from Obama and the other from McCain on several topics, but they didn't tell you who said what. You are to choose the comment that you agree with the most and at the end it tells you which candidate you most agree with.
It's a pretty quick quiz and I thought it was pretty good. Here is the link in case you feel like seeing who you most agree with.

Tomorrow is water therapy. But my therapist is on vacation so I will be supervising myself, LOL

PS Don't forget my month long contest for October starts on October 1st. There will be 5 winners total. This time all the prizes will be a free (paid for by me) dishcloth pattern from Rachel's website. You might want to start looking now, she has so many to choose from, I bet you will have a hard tome deciding.

I am signing off for the night. See you all tomorrow,

10 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Ya'll kill me with all these cute crochet things! *waaaaa*
I love those Christmas cloths!

I think I'll go take that quiz...sounds pretty interesting.

Hugs!

sailorcross said...

Oh, you've been busy!! They're beautiful!!

I took your political quiz. I already knew who I was planning on voting for, and this only confirmed my decision. Nope, won't tell ya', don't want to start a political debate on your blog!

I also took your Bible quiz, which I do almost every day. Looks like I need to go back and read the book of Ruth again--only 40% right!

Beth

leah said...

You are on such a roll!!! They all look super!

Unknown said...

Your cloths look great. Very Christmas-y.

Have fun at the pool.

Can't wait for the contest!!

Anonymous said...

You are getting so much done! Great job!

SimplyMe said...

this is a test, a test of the Shelly Broadcasting System

Jane said...

Pretty, pretty dishcloths. So what, pray tell, is the Shelly Broadcasting System?

hakucho said...

Your poinsettia cloth is awesome!

smariek said...

That Poinsettia Potholder looks great!

Anonymous said...

I really really like that Christmas wreath one! I'm going to make it for my boyfriend's grandma!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me