Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday- Arrrr Arrr Arrr a Pirate, a Pirate Says Arrrr

Ahoy me mateys, it's been a year since it was national Talk Like A Pirate Day? Wow. I almost forgot but since Adam was here and we were watching NOGGIN I saw all the pirate episodes and remembered. Who thinks of these days anyway, lol.



(note: I did not make this Johnny Depp pirate, I found it on the Internet, there is a link in the picture to the place I found it) I am however looking for the pattern, my niece would love this for Christmas.




My pirate name is:


Captain Ethel Cash



Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. You're musical, and you've got a certain style if not flair. You'll do just fine. Arr!

Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network


Captain Ethel Cash... am I the outcast ugly sister of the pirate of Fulton County Johnny Cash??? Arrggghhhh

***************************

Adam and I did make it to the pool today but we weren't there too long, he was shivering like a pirate, lol. I think my bubba is getting a cold, his voice is all hoarse (perfect for talking like a pirate day)but he did walk the plank several times today while jumping into the deep end, lol.

For the first time ever Adam took off and didn't stay where he was supposed to as we were leaving. He managed to get out of the building and down a hill away from the Y. I was frantic I couldn't find him. Usually I have to rest carrying that heavy treasure chest (gym bag full of wet suits and towels)but I walked up and down that Y looking for him. Someone spotted him outside and brought him back to me. Oh I was so mad and so relieved. I could have spanked him, but he honestly looked more scared then I did. No more going up to talk to the fisheys anymore... he will stay at my side until I get there with him. Arrrgghh

I thought I'd leave you today with a pirate song... it got a hardy har har out of me. I couldn't figure out how to show the video here, so here is the link to the website.

Tomorrow I another day Matey's and tomorrow we can all talk like... hmm I wonder what tomorrows national talk like day is???

7 comments:

leah said...

All this pirate talk today....who knew there were special pirate days? Glad Adam "walked the plank" Hope he feels better tomorrw!

Lil Knitter said...

Shiver me timbers...I don't think me first comment went through.
Just wanted to say...me thinks they got yer pirate name perfect.
Tis been fun with the pirate speak but I thinks I can no keep it up much longer. Arrrgg. :P
Hugs!

sailorcross said...

Awww--I missed another special day? I didn't know there was such as a thing as this.

I did look up my name though, and it's Captain Bess Bonney--can be unpredictable at times but generally well-liked. So, I guess I'm Bess Bonney from now on!

That must have been scary losing sight of Adam for a time. Like you say, he was probably scared also and won't do this again!

I hope his cold is better!

Beth

Unknown said...

The video was pretty funny. LOL, a chocolate pirate!

What's up with kids getting away? My 2 yr old was returned to me by the neighbor the other day...he got outside and across the street, and no one even knew! How scary is that?

I'm glad you found Adam ok, and he will remember getting lost, so will probably stick close to you for awhile at least. Scary stuff!

Have a good day.

Kenyetta said...

Aye Matey! I was having fun with it on Ravelry!

Jane said...

Guess I'm a day late for talk like a pirate day! I did see it on Ravelry last night, but too late to have fun with the kids at school. I could feel your panic when you couldn't find Adam! I'm sure he won't do that again!

MamaMay said...

I love talk like a pirate day.

Also, the article I read about the color quiz thing says that people that are similar seem to be friends and get along well.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me