Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursday- Thank You, Thank You

Well I received a package today. It came from Beth and I was so not expecting this at all. Some of you may have seen her beautiful crocheted angels. If not here is a picture of the one she sent me. I LOVE it. I also loved the Christmas card, and the note inside. Beth this was just what I needed this week. It's been a rough week, but God always finds a way to shine some HOPE. This time He chose you. Thank you for hearing Him and obeying.
Yesterday I finished a gift for our newest nephew, he will be a month old around Christmas. I found this pattern on Ravelry. Actually I first found the pattern for the booties. And after they were done I decided I NEEDED an elf hat to match. This was the closest pattern to the vision in my head.

Elfin Baby Set pattern (used hat pattern only)

Elfin Baby Booties pattern These were so EASY to crochet up and like the designer said if you have an hour you can have a pair of booties. Maybe in even less time. I LOVE them.

And here is a picture of the set together.

Well we are in for another winter storm starting tomorrow. They are saying 1 to 2 inches an hour could fall. Looks like I will be stranded at home again tomorrow.

So in preparation I decided to get in a little extra swimming today. I swam for 2 hours and that meant I swam 1 1/2 miles.

Then I thought, gee I better get some groceries before we get snowed in... so I walked for an hour in the market and stocked up. Then I had to carry in all the bags cause no one was here to help me. Guess what? My feet hurt. But it's a good hurt. 6 months ago I would not have even been able to walk into the store much less shop. God has been so good to me this year.

I called to make sure Adam had his snow pants when he goes to school tomorrow so we could go out and make a snowman this weekend. Well it turns out he is sick. They should have called to let me know, but that's neither here nor there, I guess. So looks like NO Adam this weekend? OH NO what will I blog about? What will I take pictures of?

You know maybe I will go out and make a snowman anyway and take a picture of that. LOL Perhaps I can knit him a hat and scarf too... ooh maybe an Elfin set. LOL

Oh I tried some FF Cottage Cheese with Pineapple for my dinner tonight. I was able to eat about 1/4 cup and I DID NOT get sick. YAY. I also weighed in today and lost another 4 pounds this past week. It's slowed down from last month but still a GREAT loss and I am excited that soon I will be in a new weight category. It's been so long.

I guess that's it for now. I'll be around tomorrow, you can count on it. Just like you can count on God never leaving your side, ever.
Hbr 13:5 [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Good night friends... Sweet dreams

AK

7 comments:

sailorcross said...

And you are very, very welcome!

Celebrating Jesus' birth--hope to a fallen world!!

I'm so glad that I was able to bring you HOPE with my little angel.

You were REALLY chosen by God to receive this angel--ask Shelly about it!

You were definitely chosen!!

Beth

Anonymous said...

You are making such amazing progress! I am so glad I found our blog. Have a great day!

Robin said...

Nice surprise!

Unknown said...

what a nice little angel. Isn't it surprising how God works in our lives? He never ceases to amaze me...His goodness and Love never fail!!
I hope you weather the storm. We got it last night and today....we heard thunder this morning! And saw lightening. Thank goodness it's fast and will be outta here by this afternoon, but we have to deal with ice. Yuck. I'd rather get snowed in then deal with ice.

magnoliasntea said...

What a cute little angel!

Love the elfin set! It's really adorable.

Hope you're enjoyin' the snow...wish we had a little. :)

smariek said...

You are doing great! I love hearing about your progress.

The baby set is very cute.

Jane said...

I'm hoping your storm will stay to the south of us - I really need to get out tomorrow! The next storm is going to hit though - Sunday into Monday and I'm counting on a snow day to get everything done around the house that I need to do.
If you do get snowed in - just enjoy it!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me