Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday- Man That's HUGE

OK I finally finished a project. I started it Friday evening, I think. And finished it last night. I found the pattern on Ravelry, here is the link to the free pattern... Front Door Stocking.
I did change the decorations a little, I added some wreath ornaments I made instead of making the buttons they suggested. These are not the actual ornaments I made new ones without the hanging loop for the stocking. These were just to figure out what I wanted to use.
And here is a full length shot of the whole stocking... but you can't really see how HUGE it is... so check out the next picture.

Yep... It's over 3 feet long. I think Adam could have stood inside it and if he was here I might have tried to get that photo, wouldn't that be a cool shot?

I also made another new ornament today but I forgot to take a picture so that will have to wait until tomorrow. I wasn't happy with the turn out of this one so I am only making the one. I still have a few more I want to try as well.

Tomorrow I have a DR appt. with my primary DR. He wants to follow up after my surgery. Since I am no longer on any meds he wants to make sure my blood pressure etc are doing good still. It's supposed to snow, and I hate to drive in the snow. But I am praying it won't be too bad by the time I have to leave. If the weather is better I might stop by the Y after the Dr's and try to swim some laps. Then maybe I'll go clear that parking ticket from last week. And then I want to stop by the market for a few things.

Yeah it sounds like a full day ahead for me. I better get some sleep while I can huh?

Sweet Dreams

AK

7 comments:

leah said...

Looks awesome!

SimplyMe said...

Have a wonderful day tomorrow. The roads are going to be fine. If you get leery, call, put me on speaker and I'll ride along with you.

Hugs
me

PS LOVE the finished stocking!

sailorcross said...

That stocking is awesome, and very big!! I think a picture with Adam inside is definitely in order!!

Did you stop by for an invitation to the party? We're celebrating!!!

I'm glad to hear you're getting out and about. Hope your roads are good during your drive. We're supposed to get freezing rain today (yuck!), and Andrew had an accident on Saturday night in the ice!! He's fine though, and that's all that matters!!

Love you,

Beth

Maria said...

WoW! That IS a huge stocking! Put Adam inside with a Santa Hat on and "Voila!" You have a cool Christmas picture! Glad to see you seem to be doing great!!!

Jane said...

Love the stocking. I wanted to make a stocking like that - but never got around to it - maybe next year! Wow - you sound like your are full of energy. I hope the weather cooperates. It is supposed to rain tomorrow here and go up in the 40s. That after two days of single digit temps and snow. That's the coast of Maine for you!

magnoliasntea said...

Wow, your stocking looks great! You must be a very fast crocheter. Love the little wreaths.
Hope you got to swim.

Natalie Rush said...

Hope your apt went well! that stocking is pretty cool! I need to learn to crochet!. :)

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me