Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday- Puzzle Hands, Women from Mars and Purple People Eaters?

What's up with this??? The puzzle is labeled for right and left hands but they are backwards. In order for Adam to match his hands to the puzzle he had to criss cross them, LOL.

Looks like he criss crossed his eyes too just thinking about this, LOL.


Well finally here are the pictures from dinner with Dave and Ruth. Sorry for the off colors, I tried to adjust them but it wasn't happening. The room was dark and the lighting was almost red.

The restaurant is called Delmonico's it's an Italian Steakhouse and it's delicious.

This picture is of the menu... if you can see the caricatures pictured on the menu, well they are all over the restaurant, all famous people like Sinatra and the Rat Pack, Sylvester Stallone and Elizabeth Taylor, you name them they are probably somewhere on the wall.
This picture is of me and Ruth. Ruth of course is the skinny one, she has lost like 30 pounds or more and looks fantastic. Looks like we are from "Mars" or something we look so reddish/orange.
Next we have my husband Gary and Ruth's husband Dave. Honestly they really aren't "Purple People Eaters" Gary has on the glasses. Notice the boxers on the wall behind them, and the "Sinatra Room" off to the side?
I do have some more pictures, of the new sock yarn I got in the mail last week and the pattern to knit the socks with it. I joined a sock club... not monthly though just every other month. At least until I get back to work and have more money, but then I'll have less time... oh what will I do?

As for my good news... I guess I can give you a little taste. As most of you know I am in the process of having surgery and I needed to meet with a Nutritionist to finalize everything. Well she was booked until October, and this would not allow me to be ready in time to have the surgery on my birthday. So I have been praying for a cancellation... and last week there was one and I got in on Thursday. Basically now all that remains is the attending of two seminars and losing another 14 pounds. I can do it.

The other news was about my dog Lady. I have been trying to get help getting her to the Vet or the pound. She is in really bad shape and I don't have the finances to take care of things. It looked like last week I had two good leads to handle this but so far neither has come through yet. So this is still in the works. I am believing that God will provide. Poor Lady can no longer stand on either of her back legs, she just drags herself around, it's breaking my heart.

Guess that's about it for now. Adam is still here, he came to church with me today. I love to bring him, everyone loves to see him.

Oh I did get to the Y yesterday and I swam 1/2 a mile again, but this time I swam without stopping. I know without a doubt I can swim much more then that next time. Maybe even a whole mile. The first 2 or 3 laps are the hardest but after that I am good to go and go and go.

See you all tomorrow, I'll announce the winner of this final contest week. Remember all comments today count as an entry too.

AK

8 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Adam's a riot. Looks like you had a blast @ dinner, and I can see the wl in your face.

I can't wait to see the sock stuff...I know, I can see it on the website, but it's DIFFERENT when it's yours!

Have you figured out what's up for today?

Jeff's doing yardwork. Maybe I should have warned ya before I snuck that in. I'm in the kitchen. I've grated zucchini, drying basil in the dehtrator, blah, blah, blah. Just call me betty! ROFLMAO!

sailorcross said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time at your dinner!! What did you have--steak??

It looks like a really fun place to be.

Yes, you can do it!! It's not easy, but then again, most things that are worthwhile aren't easy!!

Beth

Jane said...

Nice pictures - even if you are red and purple! Great news - and we all know you can do it!

Unknown said...

That puzzle is weird!
Did I mention my hubby is named Adam?
Looks like a fun restaurant and you had a good time. I'm glad God is working in your life,and you recognize it. I hope your dog gets taken care of soon. It's horrible to watch someone we love in pain like that.
Have a great Labor Day.

Katie O said...

congrats on the swimming! You are doing great!! I know the meeting will go well and you will lose the last 14 pounds and be on your way to surgery and changing your life!! GREAT JOB!!!!

Kenyetta said...

Looks like you had a nice time!

Lil Knitter said...

Glad you had a great time with friends...who knew you change colors? Another talent. :P
Keep up the awesome progress with the swimming...I am so proud!
I hope things work out getting help for Lady.
Hugs!

Mimi said...

Those pictures are fantastic! I think the funky color gives them a cool glow!

Thanks for visiting me everyday while I was on vacation! I have lots of reading to do as you can imagine!

Well done on the swimming! That's fantastic. I really want to swim better so I can do it more. Double edged sword...

Hope you have a great week!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me